Bolivian ram temperature?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jared Learn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering off the top of my head maybe for future reference maybe not. Seriously fish list the Bolivian Rams temperature range as 69F to 82F. I have Panda Cory's and my tank so I don't want to keep it too hot for them obviously.so my question is if I were to run my tank at 75F, (which I am) would that be too cold for a Bolivian Rams? Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10. GH 9 KH 3 pH 7.8? The only other tank inhabitants will be harlequin rasboras which I have to repopulate after a die off☹️. Thanks in advance!

I have a Bolivian Ram in my tank with a temperature of 76. Liveaquaria says 72-79 is fine for the bolivian ram.. So 75 degrees is fine for the Bolivian Ram.

I have a Bolivian Ram in my tank with a temperature of 76. Liveaquaria says 72-79 is fine for the bolivian ram.. So 75 degrees is fine for the Bolivian Ram.
Okay thank you that's good to know.

I had a male Bolivian Ram in a tank with some 50 cories including a group of 7 pandas (and several upper characins species), and the temperature was 76F (24.5 C). I would not go higher than this for the cories, nor much lower for the Ram but 75F (24C) is OK.

I have had the temperature on Seriously Fish revised, so it now reads 24C (75 F) as minimum. That was just a slip.

The Ram has a normal lifespan of 4-5 years, and mine was well into his ninth year when he passed so I can surmise he did not have much to complain about. I still have the pandas.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back