Blue Stain On Lid Of Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Deroplatys

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got a new tank for some snakeheads and the lid is stained blue from some treatment. I cant remember what the fish treatment was but i was told it apparantly evaporated and stained the lid. I tried pouring hot water over it and scrubbing but it didnt even scratch it. Is it ok to leave it there or will it likely be harmful?

methylene blue, I would guess.

It would mean that sick fish have been kept in the tank. I think it would/could kill crabs, snails, shrimp etc, but I am not sure, google it.

+1 there are a few treatments that stain, that would be my guess as well.

Anyway to get rid of it?
No stains on the tank itself, rinsed it through several times with salt aswell followed by water. Can i still keep a pair of snakeheads healthily in there?
Hoping to one day breed them.

I've not found a way to. Maybe someone else has...

What material is the lid made from?

Metal i guess, its the typical bog standard lid.

ohh i am facing the same issue. but nothing is working properly. please find out some latest updates about it. and do let me know. as well.

thanks

I use methylene blue at work and I can tell you nothing will remove it, we have to use conc sulphuric acid to clean up after it and even that takes ages. But I do believe that it is photo sensitive, so you could put it in the sun and see if that bleaches out the colour.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back