Blue Garoumi And Honey Garoumi

milindsaraswala

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Kuwait
I have 8 gallon tank with 9 Tiger Barb, 1 Honey Garoumi and 1 Blue Garoumi. I have setup my tank from last 1 month going good. But what I am looking is that my Blue Garoumi is getting aggressive towards my Honey Garoumi due to that my honey garoumi is hiding behind filter then also some time blue garoumi go to filter try to get him out and run behind him.

What Can we do for this ?? Can we do something that can go together and we can diverse their mind in something. Please advise me as i feel very petty towards honey fish.
 
You'l find the bullying will continue if only the two Gourami are in tank.> You could either add more Gouramies or sell one Gourami. (By adding more Gouramies, you may be over-stocked and it does not guarantee that the chasing will stop>)

Good luck.

:rolleyes:

Edit; I have just realised that you are already probably over-stocked and you should sell/give away one of the Gourami if you can.
 
Your gouramis are probably both Male that's why, I have a M/F pair that love each other so you either need to get 2-3 females added or return a male, you are gonna be overstocked if u add more fish though
 
Your gouramis are probably both Male that's why, I have a M/F pair that love each other so you either need to get 2-3 females added or return a male, you are gonna be overstocked if u add more fish though

How can i know it is Male or female.
 
Your gouramis are probably both Male that's why, I have a M/F pair that love each other so you either need to get 2-3 females added or return a male, you are gonna be overstocked if u add more fish though

How can i know it is Male or female.

I just think the aggression level suggests they are males, but if you ask at your lfs for 2 females they will know
females are smaller and plumper
 
all of your fish, with the exception of the honey gourami, need to be rehomed. tiger barbs need a 20-30 gallon tank minimum and blue gouramis need even bigger.

to answer your question, male gouramis are aggressive, especially to other male gouramis. it probably sees the entire tank as its territory.
 
all of your fish, with the exception of the honey gourami, need to be rehomed. tiger barbs need a 20-30 gallon tank minimum and blue gouramis need even bigger.

to answer your question, male gouramis are aggressive, especially to other male gouramis. it probably sees the entire tank as its territory.
to be fair though my male gourami is a pussy and hides all the time lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top