Blue Fluorescent Lights In A Freshwater Tank

AdrianB

New Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Brighton, UK
I'm researching into a marine tank and they have a blue as well as a white fluorescent tube.

I was wondering if anyone uses a blue tube on there freshwater tropical tank?
 
I've never seen any moonlights on a FW tank, got any pictures?

Where did you order them from chris? Moonlights are another idea.
 
hi
just ordered some off ebay from here moon lights a little pricey tho. i went for the tubes so they can light the whole tank easily, i've heard the spotligh type can be hard to position correctly, so that they look good.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i bought these ones.


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-AQUARIUM-LED-LIG...oQQcmdZViewItem


came with everything i needed to set them up nicely and i prefer the spotlights by far over the tubes.

with spots you can create really cool lighting effects in the water and reflecting of the plants.

the tubes jus light your whole tank.



as for how im finding them? there great!! tank looks amazing when im heading off to bed and its all lit up.


cant get a picture which really sux cos loads of people wanna see. the blue light jus doesnt show up with my camera :( .


definately reccomend getting some tho and razor-opto, the seller of the ones above does extra spots for about £3 if you have a big tank and 3 isnt enough.

you can connect 10 per power pack so there plenty of room for expansion too.


oh and if your tank is big then jus message him with the size of it and hell make the wires longer per LED.

cost me an extra 50p per spot for 2m cables.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks sam
i went for the tubes, cos i would prefer to have my whole tank lit. personal taste tho. Shame about the pics i would really like to see your tank with the LED's on, bet it looks good.

you going to go for some moonlights then adrian??
 
and id really love to show it off to ya! hehe.


dont kno why my cam cant see the blue, ive seen others take perfectly good pics of em.


i mite try tubes in one of my other tanks as i only have them on one at the mo.


was thinkin about getting a different colour but i think that mite ruin it.
 
I think I might add a blue tube for daytime use first as I feel it will give a really nice look to the tank like the marine tanks have. Then may go for the moonlight tubes? My concern is my hood isn’t much good at housing more than more one tube so i'll have to see what I can do or get a new hood.
 
do you mean only one moonlight or a moonlight and the main light beacuse i would expect one moonlight would be enough, i'll soon find out when they arrive.
 
I was going to have both the blue and white lights but I'm not so sure now! Let us know what the moon lights you ordered are like and perhaps get some picutures up?
 
i'll try my best to explain about the lights, no chance of any pics tho digital camera is on the blink. :grr:
 
I have both a white and a blue tube for my tank. I use the white light for daytime then switch to the blue tube for maybe 4/5 hours in the evenings.

I definately get to see a lot more of my Pleco when the blue tube is on !!!!
 
Interesting not so fab. Do you ever have them both on at the same time, what sort of effect does it give?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top