blue fan shrimp

yes i was, :sad: but i hope this won't put you of getting one cause there
realy great, thanks cayote :thumbs:

thanks guys , yes i realy miss the little fellow, :sad:

I just went to my LFS, they are ordering in a blue fan shrimp for me!! I will be getting a new tank also and will have in it a bluefan shrimp, some Whitecloud minnows and all my existing snails, I'll be shutting down the small snail tank.

How big do these blue fans grow and what are their diets and things?

Thanks slt :thumbs:

thats great william :thumbs: you will :wub: them, they grow to 15cm
and they will be safe with your fish and snails, they are filter feeders and use there fans to sift through the water, i usualy saw mine eating the flake
food, they are realy cool to watch, especialy when they swim, they propel them selves through the water with there tail and its comical to watch,
keep a piece of cuttle fish in with it like you do for your snails for there shells, i was'nt going to get another just yet but now i've decided to get 2,
shall have to look around fs though because the 1 i got mine from has'nt had any more in, maybe i'll ask 1 of my lfs if they could order 2 as there pretty good they ordered my eel, i'm realy pleased for you william, :thumbs:

I can't wait should be two weeks or so!! I'll be getting my new tank perhaps 2 shrimps on the list then do you think? I also intend to try for some other inverts like ghost shrimp and the algae eating ones, its going to be an Invertibrate tank which should definately be fun! Will a 24" tank be suitable for this I wonder... I know bigger is better but with christmas coming up I'm poor!

Oh and the LFS told me the bluefan would kill any fish nipping them in half, I calmly nodded my head while he explained this and didn't mention that you kept them in your community tank, after all its always better when fish stores are more cautious with things...

nip them in half what with there fans lol :lol: doe's he not no they don't have claws, ughhhhhh i could learn them all a thing or 2 on them, 12months of keeping one should give me some pretty good info on them,
oooo i hate peeps bad mouthing them, :grr: its a pitty the fs did'nt do some research about what they keep.let one dare tell me that :sly:
yes get 2 william keep each other company :wub: i no what you mean about xmas coming up, its stoping me from getting another tank ughhh
and yes i'm poor now lol :lol: that size tank should be fine to keep a few
inverts in, don't listen to any one who tells you they arn't safe with fish,
send them to me grrrrrrrrr :grr: i'll put them right lol :lol:

You tell em kid ! :D

Mine are fine with fish and mine are much smaller, get a shrimp......get it now ! :hyper:

lol :lol: hi cayote :thumbs: yes when lfs has them in i'm getting oooooo 2
this time or maybe 3 or 4 or 5 lol :lol: cause i :wub: :wub: them

Buy them all then you know they will all be looked after properly lol :D

Imgoing to put some cuttle fish in with mine now, never been told about that before :thumbs: Nice one ! :thumbs:

lol yes but do you no how much that would cost, lol ah but there worht it :D

i checked ALL LFS and NO one had or can get fresh water shrimp.
You believe that ?
One did say they may be able to special order, question was? are they going to cost me a fortune.... Can't afford fortune cause fish money already needs to go to cm for fish.
Hopefully they can get some...... Hate to have to swim across the pond to try to shrimp nap cayotes. :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Danny

lol you no i'll tell, :p :lol: can't get shrimpys over there, i'm waiting for my lfs guy to get the giant blue fan, going to get 2 this time, cost £8.99
don't no what that is in your money lol dohhh :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back