Blood & white patches on Guppy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Jessieh

Reaction score
My female guppy developed a blood spot yesterday, and it has progressed to one very large blood spot and lots of little ones. Another new female had only a white patch yesterday, which has developed into a blood patch today.

They are both being treated with antibiotics and anti-fungal/ich/velvet. I am going to treat them with salt in a few hours when i get a hold of some.
A third female has already died from fungal (i think) infection, with no blood spots.

My whole tank is being treated for both things currently.

THe worst females picture is shown. Any suggestions are welcome! :)

Attachments

• fish_014mod.jpg
    fish_014mod.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 68
Does not look good . I had a female with similar markings and she only lasted 3 days(back when i didn't know water chemistry, etc). What are your water paremeters (ph, ammonia readings, etc)?? Has this female been picked on by other guppy males or fish and therefor could be overstressed??
I also have this link I often refer to for any changes in fish appearance/behavior: http://www.cichlidsrus.com/resources/diseases.php

Good luck and keep us updated :)

She's now almost dead.

She hasnt been picked on by any of the others. She is relatively new to the tank, so the move would definitly have stressed her (approx 2hrs long).

pH 7, i dont check ammonia levels. All other fish are fine, except the other new female.

They have both been treated for days, got better, then worse again.

Most reactions

Back