Blood Parrot With Stunt Growth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dreamer03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So the lfs has two blood parrots with stunt growth. They only grew to three inches. So they offer me the fish but what health issues might they have? And if they are placed in an appropiTe tank would they grow (probably not right?) and well any special care for this fish... I kinda feel bad fior them and dont want to leave them at store...

Taking on stunted fish can be difficult. If you put them in too big a tank to quickly they could grow too quickly and end up with internal organ failure. With Parrots you have a deformed fish to start with. If you take them on be very sparing with feeding while they are in a bigger tank and make sure you feed peas regularly, the main problem you will face with a stunted fish is digestive problems due to the squashed up digestive track, bloating and constipation is very common not overfeeding is a good start.

Thanks! I thought the peas was only once a week but ok ill do that. Ill put them in my 45 gallon tank and see how they do there. The fish used to be in a 5 gallon together. I think ill go pick them up today.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back