The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hello, everyone:)
If you read my thread named “is this a good deal on tank?” You may know that I found a five gallon fish tank second hand to replace the small 2.5 gallon I previously had. I feel much better knowing how much happier bleu is with more swimming space.

When I got my 2.5 gallon tank (maybe four weeks ago?) I didn’t know much about this hobby.
I didn’t know that water quality was of importance, or even that your betta should have at least 5 gallons of swim room. 😂😅
Well, this forum has helped me a lot, and know I have upgraded my tank! If you are interested, here are water parameters + more details:D

Tank size- 5 gallon 2nd hand tank
Filter- Betta EF-S filter
Heater- 15Watt heater from petsmart
Stock- 1 Veiltale betta
Plants- 1 live plant (i do not know what it is, any help on that would be appreciated. It is the plant growing off of the stick in the pictures!) resting leaf, 4 silk plants + some rocks that I used for scaping.

Parameters:
0- Ammonia
0- Nitrites
0- Nitrates
7.2- PH

I hope you guys love Bleu’s new tank as much as Bleu and I do 🥰

Attachments

• 1B1853EE-A2FB-40CE-9266-1A4449B0EF7A.jpeg
    1B1853EE-A2FB-40CE-9266-1A4449B0EF7A.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 3,057
  • A95FBA49-A7B7-4BCC-B239-CF65F46D96F8.jpeg
    A95FBA49-A7B7-4BCC-B239-CF65F46D96F8.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 80
  • CAC5B656-B39E-4ABB-AEFE-EB5E372D31F1.jpeg
    CAC5B656-B39E-4ABB-AEFE-EB5E372D31F1.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 75
That’s a nice set up. I’d keep an eye on the water temperature. If it doesn’t heat the water to the desired temp in winter, you’ll need a 25W or 50W heater.

Keep up with the water change routine and don’t overfeed, and you will have a happy betta. This is critical, especially when the tank is not yet fully cycled.

That’s a nice set up. I’d keep an eye on the water temperature. If it doesn’t heat the water to the desired temp in winter, you’ll need a 25W or 50W heater.

Keep up with the water change routine and don’t overfeed, and you will have a happy betta. This is critical, especially when the tank is not yet fully cycled.
Thank you!! Yes, I check water temp & parameters everyday and a 20% water change every week. I’m super excited about this setup 😃

Do you have trouble with that suction cup leaf betta hammock coming off ? I have one and it won’t stick no matter what I do.
I do not! I just stick it on and press. I do have a plastic tank? I don't know if that affects anything though XD

March Tank of the Month features tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. You should enter your awesome Betta tank.

How old is your betta and do u have only one fish in the tank? The tank is big for betta u can get more fish in there?
5g is the minimum tank size for a betta. Also, no, you would not want to add fish to this tank with the bettas as they are very aggressive.
This is on the smaller end of what's ok for a bettas in my opinion. I like 10g for a betta.
Nothing against the use of a 5g, they work just fine, but I'm just stating that this is by no means "big for a betta".

5g is the minimum tank size for a betta. Also, no, you would not want to add fish to this tank with the bettas as they are very aggressive.
This is on the smaller end of what's ok for a bettas in my opinion. I like 10g for a betta.
Nothing against the use of a 5g, they work just fine, but I'm just stating that this is by no means "big for a betta".
Thinking about putting him in the 10 gal that’s sitting around! We will see.

Most reactions

Back