Bleeding Heart Tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Squidward

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,

In the "Emergencies" Section I posted that I have a male BHT with a problem. It has white spots its tail, around its mouth and a few on its body that is failing to respond to treatment. I have tried numerous doses of Interpet Anti Fungus No 8, Esha 2000 and am now trying Esha Exit. So far, nothing has cleared it up.
It is only my male BHT that has this, it hasn't spread. None of my other fish in the tank, including 4 other BHT have developed the same symptoms. And also, besides the spots, he appears to be fine. Eating as normal, swimming around etc.

Water stats are:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 20
Ph = 7.8

I was reading an article this evening in PFK that mentioned that when certain varieties of goldfish are in breeding condition, they sometimes develope white tubercles on their fins and bodies.....so this got me thinking. Could my BHT have developed the same thing? Could I be misreading what he has? :blush:

Has anyone ever bred BHT and could possibly confirm this?

Thanks
Squidward

Hi,

Is it Ich? White spots are usually ich(and the fish will appear to act normally at first). If it is, raising the water temperature has been shown to help. My fish have only had it once, I raised the temp 1 degree celsius and did a couple of water changes and it went away. Do you have it in a hospital tank? I find the best cure for anything is a good water change rather than meds. Ich is very contagious too so you'll want to do the water change quickly or get the fish out and keep an eye out for the other fish.

Hi,

Is it Ich? White spots are usually ich(and the fish will appear to act normally at first). If it is, raising the water temperature has been shown to help. My fish have only had it once, I raised the temp 1 degree celsius and did a couple of water changes and it went away. Do you have it in a hospital tank? I find the best cure for anything is a good water change rather than meds. Ich is very contagious too so you'll want to do the water change quickly or get the fish out and keep an eye out for the other fish.

Well that's the thing. I don't think it's Ich.
I change my water (approx 25%) weekly.
Upped the temp.
Used 3 different meds.
And only this one fish has it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back