Blackskirt tetras are not recomended as tankmates.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dirtfarmer

Reaction score
i have been keep tropical fish for year, tetras, swordtail and other, but one fish i never try on til my mom then in was Angelfish, and she put 2 in
i was watch them and ther seem to get along nicely

2 anglefish, 2 blackshirt tetras, 2 seprae tetras
but
i found this site
http://www.aquariacentral.com/fishinfo/fresh/angel.shtml
Fast-moving, nippy fish such as Tiger barbs and Blackskirt tetras are not recomended as tankmates. The Angelfish appreciates a well-planted tank

ok so what give my do not seem to even notice each other and it only a 10 gal tank

not only are they not suitable tankmates but angels should no be kept in a 10g :no:

you need a tank of 18inches deep. I would tell your mum she needs do search around on the internet before she buys anymore fish. And tell her for the fishes sakes she needs to take them back to the lfs or rehome them.

edit** also like your link said...angels should not be kept with fast nippy fish.

I have an angel fish and 2 blackskirt tetras and they have lived fine together for the last 2 years.

And I had tiger barbs with an angel that seemed fine too. I still ended up rehoming the tiger barbs. But, if you have enough of them (say over 6) they are too busy fighting amongst themselves to notice or bother the angel. The same may be true with the tetras. And one thing I have learned is that just becuase someone else does it, doesn't make it right or okay. It may or may not work out in the end, but why risk problems when a majority feel the fish should not be mixed? I also agree. A 10 gallon tank is not sutable for any angel for any length of time. No matter who it's tank mates are.

\Dan

Most reactions

Back