Black Skirt Tetra babies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MiracleTank

Reaction score
I have been reading that black skirt tetras are difficult to breed. That is not true of my aquarium! Approximately once every three weeks I find a tiny little baby hiding in the plants. My school of tetras started out as six and now I have 14 I am doing nothing to purposely breed these fish. Yet they keep having babies that survive! Has anyone else experienced this? Look closely at the larger picture and see how tiny this little newest baby is!
B3DB5CDC-49A8-4E7B-91B1-8733645C24C8.png
0C9D3220-1488-4C56-9AE8-F37C99F1C618.png

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Well, sometimes egglayers are doing well in a certain tank. Call it a blessing...

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Well, sometimes egglayers are doing well in a certain tanks. Call it a blessing...
Oh yes! Absolutely it is a blessing! The reason I put that post up is because while I was researching the “miracle” occurring in my Aquarium, I only found articles on how difficult it is to breed Black Skirt Tetras and here I have them popping up every three weeks!
Thank you all for the warm welcome to TFF! I hope to learn much!

you might enter that tank in one of our TOTM contest
Jan....17 to 30 gal
Feb ....31 gal and larger
March...16 gal and smaller

Last edited:
Welcome to TFF, and congrats on the fry

Relatively easy to breed, according to SF: https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/gymnocorymbus-ternetzi/
Nice tank! And I like the varieties of fish.
Thank you so much! There are also 2 African frogs, 3 merits snails and 2 apple snails.
you might enter thst tank in one of our TOTM contest
Jan....17 to 30 gal
Feb ....31 gal and larger
March...16 gal and smaller
Thanks! I will. That is a 60 gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back