Black Piranha

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was under the impression that Black Piranha was a common name for the Serrasalmus rhombeus, Caribes are a totally different species (Pygocentrus cariba)
yea i know they are, i changed the name of this thread bc i changed my mind on what i wanted
tell you what stick to goldfish because your obviously not serious enough to keep anything else
I totally agree! :good:

Look sryan0609 mate its quite clear you dont know what you want as youve changed your mind so many times and these fish are serious commitments, they can easily live for 15 years some species, not something you can buy and then think after a week "I want something else because its not aggressive enough"

Im not going to keep saying this, stick to your reds and build up experience with them by keeping them and dont put anything else in their tank.

All your threads are coming to the exact same points and everyone is going to tell you the same thing and please stop messaging me.

Thanks
and i keep changing my mind bc u tell me i shoudlnt get something so i look for something else
The point you are missing here is that they keep telling you that NO fish will work with piranhas. You can change your mind all you want but piranhas belong in a species only tank. Adding any other type fish, be in cichlid, barracuda, etc. will end in something dead. And changing the species of piranha doesn't change that.
i know that changing the species of piranha wont matter, i was just wanting to get one, maybe 2 :/ , rhoms bc i really like the way that they look cool, and im debating getting one

phiranas are very large and active fish, an 75 gallons IMO is not enough.
really?! i thought that this would be more than enough, what do you consider to be large enough?

i was just wanting to get one, maybe 2 rhoms bc i really like the way that they look cool,

sorry but again you are showing your lack of knowledge with these species, a black rhom will not co-exist with a shoal of reds and 2 rhoms alone will not co-exist either.

i was just wanting to get one, maybe 2 rhoms bc i really like the way that they look cool,

sorry but again you are showing your lack of knowledge with these species, a black rhom will not co-exist with a shoal of reds and 2 rhoms alone will not co-exist either.
im gonaa trust you on this, but a website said that they can go well with other piranhas, as long as the other piranhas dont attack it....see the thing is that i wanna get a piranha that looks different, so theres something other than reds in my tank...ur prolly gonna insult me but im just telling you the truth

see the thing is that i wanna get a piranha that looks different, so theres something other than reds in my tank

im afraid you cannot keep anything with a Serrasalmus species and you can only keep Pygocentrus species with other pygos. i have seen people keep mixed shoals of red bellies and caribes but its hit and miss if they get on (especially if mixing tank bred reds and wild caribes)

im gonaa trust you on this, but a website said that they can go well with other piranhas, as long as the other piranhas dont attack it....see the thing is that i wanna get a piranha that looks different, so theres something other than reds in my tank...ur prolly gonna insult me but im just telling you the truth

Rhom's are from the genus serrasalmus which are solitary piranha's. There are times when people have kept them together for short periods of time but this is ONLY by very experienced keepers, DO NOT try this!!

The only thing that can go with red bellies is other pygocentrus piranhas such as caribe,ternetzi and piraya. I doubt you will like caribe as they look similar to reds. ternetzi are very difficult to find and piraya can kill shoals depending on the fishes temperment.

What red bellies do you have at the moment? What tank size?What filtration?How many red bellies?

If you want something abit more aggressive than your tank bred reds then get wild reds.If you want ONE rhom then keep it in a seperate tank. You will be disappointed by a young rhom as they are shy and you dont have the experience for a large one.

I have seen people keep mixed shoals of red bellies and caribes but its hit and miss if they get on (especially if mixing tank bred reds and wild caribes)

All caribe are wild as breeding them is almost unheard of in captivity, but yes caribe are hit and miss with tank bred reds which I imagine sryan's are so really I wouldnt advise it either.

Rhom's are from the genus serrasalmus which are solitary piranha's. There are times when people have kept them together for short periods of time but this is ONLY by very experienced keepers, DO NOT try this!!

The only thing that can go with red bellies is other pygocentrus piranhas such as caribe,ternetzi and piraya. I doubt you will like caribe as they look similar to reds. ternetzi are very difficult to find and piraya can kill shoals depending on the fishes temperment.

What red bellies do you have at the moment? What tank size?What filtration?How many red bellies?

If you want something abit more aggressive than your tank bred reds then get wild reds.If you want ONE rhom then keep it in a seperate tank. You will be disappointed by a young rhom as they are shy and you dont have the experience for a large one.

I have seen people keep mixed shoals of red bellies and caribes but its hit and miss if they get on (especially if mixing tank bred reds and wild caribes)

All caribe are wild as breeding them is almost unheard of in captivity, but yes caribe are hit and miss with tank bred reds which I imagine sryan's are so really I wouldnt advise it either.

i have 8 regular reds. 4 are about 1.5" to 2" and the other 4 are 3" to 4"
75gal. tank
penguin bio wheel filter---75gal. filter, filters 350 gallons per hour

how could i get wild reds, and wouldnt they attack the tank bred ones?

75gal. tank

you'll have too many for a 75g anyway. 6 max for a 75g when adults Im afraid sooo all this was for nothing :rolleyes:

75gal. tank

you'll have too many for a 75g anyway. 6 max for a 75g when adults Im afraid sooo all this was for nothing :rolleyes:

really?! i hear so many different things from different people...so like the videos you see on youtube when the guys got a tank that looks about 75gal. and theres like 20 piranha in it

Their proberly young ones but when older that would be massively overstocked and the dominate fish would kill the weaker ones if the overstocking didnt.

A 75G is only for 4-6 reds for life.20G for each additional red.

Their proberly young ones but when older that would be massively overstocked and the dominate fish would kill the weaker ones if the overstocking didnt.

i got a buddy that i may sell 3 of my reds to, so if i wannted to get a wild red, where could i, and is there a chance he would kill my fish?

i got a buddy that i may sell 3 of my reds to, so if i wannted to get a wild red, where could i, and is there a chance he would kill my fish?

Is a chance with them being tank bred's. If you want one then try aquascapeonline and talk to pedro.

If he has 3 then its likely to end with one. two will pick on the weakest and then fight till ones dead. Some people keep 3 successfully but not many to be honest.

Is a chance with them being tank bred's. If you want one then try aquascapeonline and talk to pedro.

If he has 3 then its likely to end with one. two will pick on the weakest and then fight till ones dead. Some people keep 3 successfully but not many to be honest.
where do i go in the webste to talk to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back