Black moor goldfish issues

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Migitney

Reaction score
recently got some black moor goldfish after accidentally killing my three year old tetras during what appeared to be an algae bloom that got out of control. They were doing fine them i woke up and they are both floating at the top one of them looks misshapen and his belly is sunken in after three days of bloating he looks sickly skinny and the other one is bloated now and floating I did a 30 percent water change my nitrite level is 0
ammonia level is 0
ph is 7.5
and the tank is farely new. I'm afraid the it didn't cycle bur I im not sure how to cycle it either.
Need help asap

Attachments

• 20210504_192540.jpg
    20210504_192540.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210504_192611.jpg
    20210504_192611.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210504_192615.jpg
    20210504_192615.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 42
probably poor water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate).
do a 75% water change every day for a week or two. see how they go. make sure new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Actually I did and I checked it before the water change all the levels were at 0. Then did a 30 percent because it isa new tank I do t want to have to restart the cycle. So I did what was required and the levels are still at 0 they are just laying at the bottom of the tank now instead of floating and they just look sad they aren't gasping just laying there.

probably poor water quality (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate).
do a 75% water change every day for a week or two. see how they go. make sure new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
Came home checked the nitrite level was between 0 and 0.5 and everything else came back normal unfortunately my one black moor the skinny one died and the other is kinda ok he still wants to swim but swimming bladder floating again. Could it be the sea chem stability g. Because I'm using the fish in method and its a fast reaction bio filter booster. Could that be the issue?

Any chance of pictures of the fish from the side?

Could it be the sea chem stability g. Because I'm using the fish in method and its a fast reaction bio filter booster. Could that be the issue?
No idea what you mean by this?

----------------------
When you do water changes, do you use buckets specifically for the fish, or any bucket in the house?

Do you dechlorinate the new tap water before adding it to the tank?

Do you have any moisturising cream, soap residue, hand sanitiser or anything else on your hands when you feed the fish or work in the tank?

Any chance of pictures of the fish from the side?

No idea what you mean by this?

----------------------
When you do water changes, do you use buckets specifically for the fish, or any bucket in the house?

Do you dechlorinate the new tap water before adding it to the tank?

Do you have any moisturising cream, soap residue, hand sanitiser or anything else on your hands when you feed the fish or work in the tank?
No the bucket i use is for fish only. The stability is ment to helps top the tank from new tank syndrome but the fish actually died anyway im sure what happened and since then my goldfish started acting out of it like staring at one part of the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back