Black molly disease

HeatherSweetness

Happy to be back!!
Reaction score
My gold sailfin has that darn fungus that will not go away!!

My question is what else works besides marycin (sp?) ? I don't have access to it. I have methelyne blue and it isn't working at all. I also have aquarisol. Fungus meds are hard to find here lately.

well, i've only experienced 1 killer disease/mold. I had a 30 gallon tank with literally (no fish of a lie), over 130 guppy fry. Then 1 caught that disease that starts at the tail and kinda eats it's way along the fish (you know what i mean?). And after 2 days, EVERY SINGLE FRY HAD IT! :-( :byebye: :-(

Then came the worst 3 days of my fish-keeping career- i ad to watch as slowly, but surely, the disease fully devoured and killed off every last one of them. I mean, some of them had the disease all the way up to their head so that they had no nerves in the back half of their body. The back half was covered in mold and was half-decayed, and it was still alive..... :-( :-( :-( :-(

I had a guppy get something like that once. It started as a little fuzzy white fungus spot on it's tail and I treated the water,but it didn't do a thing. The fungus ate the tail off within 2 days and went up it's back until it died. I tried everything,even wet netting it and applying the meds to the fungus directly. Didn't work. :(

You may want to post this in the emergencies forum...

Most reactions

Back