Black Molly died.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

staredecisis

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Pretty depressed over it. He was a beautiful fish. Perfectly solid black, humongous dorsal fin. I only had him for about 2 months or less. He was very big, I think perhaps he might have been old when I purchased him. He was antagonizing the heck out of the other fish for a few weeks, then I noticed he stayed to himself for the past day or 2... I was watching a movie tonight, I look up and he is dead at the bottom of my tank. No signs of disease, water levels are flawless. Had to be stress, maybe from having no companion? I don't know where I went wrong. Poor guy.

:rip:
R.I.P. Robert Smith

When you say flawless was there any salt in the tank. Mollies are not true FW fish and can even live in reef setups (I've never tried it :) ) Although your fish didn't have mollie spot so perhaps the conditions were ok, Just my thoughts

When you say flawless was there any salt in the tank. Mollies are not true FW fish
Yeah, I found that out long after I bought him (thanks lfs for not informing your customers that the fish they just bought from a freshwater tank likes salt).

But, I don't think this was the cause, because there were just no signs of disease at all, he looked so perfectly healthy.. I'm really just not sure what happened.

Thank you for the condolences, guys. I posted here cause no one but fish owners understand how sad it is to lose a fish. Other people just kind of say "it's just a fish". They don't get it.

:/ sorry to read about your distress how ever have a happy ending for you, you can have mine, he's gorgous, called Will and would love a new tank! My black females would pack his bags and help him move! or i have seven tiny black fry that are looking for new homes! any offers?
Mollie

Most reactions

Back