Black Hair Algae

hard to say the best way, myself if I see hair algea in any of my tanks I just pull it out and toss it in the trash. If you don't want to go in there and do this try getting something like rosy barbs or a flying fox, they generally graze on the hair algea.
 
hard to say the best way, myself if I see hair algea in any of my tanks I just pull it out and toss it in the trash. If you don't want to go in there and do this try getting something like rosy barbs or a flying fox, they generally graze on the hair algea.
its on plants and i find it doesnt come off very well quite difficult to pull off without breaking plant. so flyin fox is best to get u think?? whats its scientific name??
thanks
 
hard to say the best way, myself if I see hair algea in any of my tanks I just pull it out and toss it in the trash. If you don't want to go in there and do this try getting something like rosy barbs or a flying fox, they generally graze on the hair algea.
its on plants and i find it doesnt come off very well quite difficult to pull off without breaking plant. so flyin fox is best to get u think?? whats its scientific name??
thanks

I think he means siamese algae eater, they look very similar but the SAE does eat algae relentlessly 24/7
 
hard to say the best way, myself if I see hair algea in any of my tanks I just pull it out and toss it in the trash. If you don't want to go in there and do this try getting something like rosy barbs or a flying fox, they generally graze on the hair algea.
its on plants and i find it doesnt come off very well quite difficult to pull off without breaking plant. so flyin fox is best to get u think?? whats its scientific name??
thanks

I think he means siamese algae eater, they look very similar but the SAE does eat algae relentlessly 24/7

do these not need a big tank like 3foot+ as grow to 6inches??? :crazy:
 
Well i cant find one place that ive looked at that doesnt state 6" for crossocheilus siamensis . Know i dont know what to do aare one of these at 6"suitable for a 2 foot tank?? i wouldn't of thought so? :unsure: can anybody help
 
Well i cant find one place that ive looked at that doesnt state 6" for crossocheilus siamensis . Know i dont know what to do aare one of these at 6"suitable for a 2 foot tank?? i wouldn't of thought so? :unsure: can anybody help


bump, anyone help im real confused!! :crazy:
 
a 6" fish in a 2ft tank should be alright provided the depth of the tank is double or more than the fishes maximum size.
 
I also have a problem with some black hair algae on some plants, in particular around the edges of the leaves of my java fern. Is there are way other than getting an siamese/chinese algae eater? I do not want either of these fish. It's on most of the leaves, and its a good looking plant so I'd rather not have to pull off the affected leaves.

Any tips would be appreciated.
 
I also have a problem with some black hair algae on some plants, in particular around the edges of the leaves of my java fern. Is there are way other than getting an siamese/chinese algae eater? I do not want either of these fish. It's on most of the leaves, and its a good looking plant so I'd rather not have to pull off the affected leaves.

Any tips would be appreciated.


this is exactly where i get it is around my java fern seems to be the only plant etc affected!!! :crazy:
 
Flourish Excel dosed at post water change amounts will clear BBA. Give it about a week to clear. It will then start to go red ie dying & will then magically vanish.

Horrible stuff, affects some plants but not others- wouldn't say that Java Fern was a favourite- has never bothered mine (so far!!)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top