Birthday Wishes Sub-forum?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pica_nuttalli

don't be a twit
Reaction score
Given the recent surge in Birthday Wishes thread in Announcements, it might be prudent to create a sub-forum for them. Not necessarily because they're crowding out more administratively-minded threads, but just for the sake of organization. (Can you tell that I keep my possessions in neatly labeled boxes? :lol:)

May I just say that I completely, 100%, totally agree? Because I do.

A place where people will be reminded how old they are getting? :shifty:

Just joking, good idea.

Given the recent surge in Birthday Wishes thread in Announcements, it might be prudent to create a sub-forum for them. Not necessarily because they're crowding out more administratively-minded threads, but just for the sake of organization. (Can you tell that I keep my possessions in neatly labeled boxes? :lol:)

Birthday threads are actually a no-no here since we eliminated the General Chat section, and we usually remove them. The mods are just being nice by moving them in here instead of deleting them. We thought it would brighten you day a bit when we had all the trouble with the board not working right. :D

Of course, if this is a big problem........ ;)

We currently have a position where the rules of the board are clearly not being followed or enforced. The only real answer is to either:

1) Change the rules (make a section where the happy birthday threads are allowed);

2) Change the enforcement (shut down the happy birthday threads and make it clear they are not allowed).

If neither of the above happens then people will rightly moan when the mods clamp down on something else to the letter of the law (such as sigs) when other areas aren't enforced so strongly.

For the record, I don't really care either way which of the above happens. I find it a little sad that the threads exist, but they obviously do some good to some people and certainly don't hurt anyone.

why do birthdays have to be happy?

I see no reason to have one either. Surely the automated one from the website itself is enough to satisfy anyones web based congratulatory cravings?...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back