Birmingham sealife centre

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,

I eventually went to the place yesterday and thought it was pretty good, its walk through tunnel was good, it had several sharks, stingray and a giant turtle. I managed to get a selfie with a stingray above me. You can get in cheaper using tesco or rac membership websites up to 50% off instead of buying direct from sealife website.

The tours they do however were not of interest to me listening to however only because they were said through loud speakers that hurt my sensitive ears, also
unless you have young kids to entertain I'd skip the 4D video, it's a cartoon, lol

Pictures please or it didn't happen :)

I'm not too keen on tours through loud speakers. It defeats the entire purpose of a guided tour from a real live human. There is a place north of Perth in WA called AQWA (https://www.aqwa.com.au/) and we were listening to a speech by one of the staff. She was standing under a big sign saying contact us (AQWA) or your local vet if you find any sick marine creatures. Part of her speech included turtles and what should we do if we find one washed up on the beach. Nobody put their hand up so I did and I said "you bring them here".
She said "Very good, how did you know to bring them here?".
My response was to point at the sign above her head and say, "The big sign above your head told me to".
Everyone then looked up at the sign and went "oh".

I disagree!

As lovely as all the smaller fish tanks are, full of small fish ranging from tropical to saltwater to jelly fish, the amount of space for the other larger animals is not fair. I thought the tunnel was very small

The 2 seals have about 25m squared to live in with a very small pool - barely big enough for them both to be in.

And the group of penguins are gorgeous but again no real snow or rocks and have a shallow pool they all wiz around in.

Considering it’s £20 - deffo not worth the value when comparing to the likes of what I seen in London, Barcelona & Prague [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the group of penguins are gorgeous but again no real snow or rocks and have a shallow pool they all wiz around in.
Not all penguins come from the Antarctic. Some come from Africa and some from Australia and they never encounter snow. Plus in the UK, I'm sure they would see snow during winter unless the enclosure is covered.

Yes that is very true. But you could feel how come the enclosure was behind the glass so I was only to assume they come from the cold/snow climate.

The tank was not uncovered. It wasn’t a nice environment for say 15 penguins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say while the tunnel environment could have been bigger, the fish including the stingray and sharks were going so fast around the place I couldn't get clear shots so easily, so whilst I am not an expert in size guide, it certainly looked like they were spacious enough for the fish to have a good run around in!

I'll try uploading files later, I cant easily do it now it says the pictures are too big.

Pictures please or it didn't happen :)

I'm not too keen on tours through loud speakers. It defeats the entire purpose of a guided tour from a real live human. There is a place north of Perth in WA called AQWA (https://www.aqwa.com.au/) and we were listening to a speech by one of the staff. She was standing under a big sign saying contact us (AQWA) or your local vet if you find any sick marine creatures. Part of her speech included turtles and what should we do if we find one washed up on the beach. Nobody put their hand up so I did and I said "you bring them here".
She said "Very good, how did you know to bring them here?".
My response was to point at the sign above her head and say, "The big sign above your head told me to".
Everyone then looked up at the sign and went "oh".

OK finally on the YouTube channel

Video uploaded an hour ago

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-yECL1nqlqP6bzgngZDsUA

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back