Birmingham City Fc

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm glad Birmingham went down :p , you've been a real pain to Liverpool for a couple of years :grr: Obviously, cup games excluded ;)

I hear that we are coming in with a £6m offer for Pennant, what do you blue's think of that? Is it likely to happen? I'd originally heard it was £4m, but to be honest I don't think £6m is too much for a player of his ability and Bruce seems to have got him back on the rails :good: . It seems that we've been priced out of getting Daniel Alves from Spain and at under half the price we can get Pennant with proven premiership experience leaving cash for another striker. I think at Liverpool he's a chance of playing for England on a regular basis (after all Crouch and Heskey have :blink: ), not to mention Champions League football, so I think he'd take the opportunity.

Aren't you supposed to have our cast offs though :unsure: a la Mr Heskey :lol: Can we maybe interest you in Djimi Traore? :lol:

Arfie

Pennant was the best player on the pitch every time i saw him play and reckon he would be a steal at £6million. I hope he joins the scousers, he deserves to be in the premiership :nod:

Can't argue with those who don't think much of the Wolves, our football's been dire the last few years :no: Yes that Charlton match was a low point - first home match in the Premiership, and just confirmed that it was going to be a long hard season! Although we did end up with 33 points which was more than the Albion managed on their first attempt up there :p

b.c.f.c I hope you don't mind if I keep those confident statements of yours for later in the season :) you should really know that this division has a habit of kicking favourites in the teeth! It's not that easy to bounce back out of!

What do fellow-championship team supporters think of our appointment of McCarthy then? I still think we won't do any better than mid-table this season, but at least it'll be an honest hard working team, hopefully a bit more enjoyable to watch (can't be any worse!) and maybe some hope for a promotion bid the year after.

Two weeks to go to the big kick-off! Got tickets for Plymouth away on August 5th, here we go again!

I support crystal palace, I think we will be there pr there abouts, weve sold 12m worth of players and have the money to spend apparently.

A word of warning, last season we thought we would walk it, we had a big squad with a few big name players. First game of the season we came up against Luton at home and I didnt even recognise one players name, people were talking about 5 or 6-0 scorelines, it turned out that they completely played us of the park and beat us 2-0, that was the start of things to come

i used to work in a palace area of london and quite a few of my mates are ardent palace fans. so i do sort of have a soft spot for them

although they drew 2-2 with the mighty swindon today and we outplayed you! i gotta say that there's no one scarey in your line up at all. i think it might be another season of just below the play offs for you

No, can't be much worse! I hope the West Midlands do better too; though we won't be anywhere near the promotion places this year, and I can't bring myself to hope the Albion do well! But I think they'll be strong, actually, they've probably got the best chance of the relegated teams of going back up. Looking forward to seeing what our new look team and management can do, anyway!

yep i agree its gona be a tough one this year and it will be difficult for blues to bounce back up.but ive got faith in them :good:
ye pennent has gone for about 6 mil which is a bargin imo. hes young, quick, got prem experiance and is just an overall good player.i was hopeing he would stay for this season and then see what happens as blues and bruce have been very surportive with him and have been very patient ,i just think it would have been nice for him to have shown some loyalty but hes moved and i wish him all the best and will look forward to watching him pulling on an england shirt one day i hope.
any way all the best to all the midlands clubs except villa :lol: na o.j ,i wish them all the best too and look forward to seeing them in the prem next year :D

Yeah.. come down! We'll reward you by stealing your car tyres and giving you food posioning in the burgers!! :lol: ... just another day in Boston!! No, seriously, Boston is my temple!

Hello timmystood,

Are you coming to Blundell park on the opening day of the season?

....oh & well done orientmatt on promotion last season. :good:

We well & truely cocked it up at Cardiff. :(

We we're robbed :-(

Hello timmystood,

Are you coming to Blundell park on the opening day of the season?

....oh & well done orientmatt on promotion last season. :good:

We well & truely cocked it up at Cardiff. :(
[/quote]

We we're robbed :-(
[/quote]

Yes, you where the better team for 60 minutes or so, but as soon as the young lad Bore got on the pitch he gave Town some hope. Bit of a mad 10 minute spell with a couple of nice finishes from him & one from Rankin & we're 3-2 up :hey:

You will be up there though this season imo.

All the best...

4 games in and blues look to be doing alryt, 10 pints from 12 isnt too bad, i do feel we should have snatched the points from stoke even though we didnt deserve even a point . forsell looks diserpointing IMO i was hoping he would have started well, hes still got plenty of time though , i surpose its hard agjusting to the championship.
bendtner (sp) and larsson look very good and very promising, there loan spells from arsenal are only till january though but i think bruce should be looking to extend thier loan spells or even trying to buy them perminatly.

by any chance does any body know whats happend to upson, i think hes injured but not too sure ?

Just thought I'd join in, and point out I'm a baggies fan. Really feeling the pressure of being favorites to go back up. I was at the Colchester game at the weekend and was a bit worried at times, we looked a little rusty in 2nd half. I personally hope the Blues do go back up (behind us of course), midlands football really needs a boost at the minute. As for Upson I remember hearing that he was injured but don't know what happened.

Yeah Upson is still injured, probably out for another few months yet, can't wait for him to come back. Fellow bluenose here hoping we don't go through the playoff hell again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back