Biorb - Too Many Bubbles?

pblizzy

Reaction score
Hi

Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a biorb and have recently replaced the air stone. The bubbles are very strong and it makes the surface of the water quite choppy? I'm worried that this is unsettling for my fish. Can someone advise whether this is ok, and if not how i might be able to stop this from happening

Thanks

:hi: to TFF!!!!

I do not think this would be harmful to your fish, unless you have very sensitive fish, but still.

If you do not like it however, just get a needle valve to regulate flow, which you can buy very for very cheap your LFS. (local fish store)

-FHM

Just put an inline valve control in there really cheap then you can play with the flow till its perfect :good:

This link will show a whole list of bits but half way down you will see one: http://www.fishandfins.co.uk/aquarium-airline-parts.htm

Regards onebto.

Try putting taking the airstone off and then put it back on again. That can help. Are you using the standard (noisy as heck) biorb airpump or have you got a different one on your tank? Is it the right capacity for the tank volume?

In time the airstone will calcify up again and air flow become softer, but the mention of an inline restrictor valve (ALgarde do them cheaply) is a good one to reduce the flow down a little, providing your airpump isn't just too strong for the size of the tank :D

Most reactions

Back