Biomax Rings And Faster Cycling

jonnyf84

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi, i started a thread that is just below this one about my cycling and how it stalled - it was due to a ph crash, i'm monitoring it closely and hopefully ammonia consumption will start up again soon.

Now, i have a fluval 105 external filter running, it has the standard foam pads and bio max rings in the top basket, i have one spare basket at the bottom, i was wondering if i put more bio max rings in the spare basket would it speed up my cycle as the purpose of bio rings is to provide a habitat for beneficial bacteria and therefore more rings would surely mean more beneficial bacteria and a faster process of the nitrogen cycle.

would this work?

hi, i started a thread that is just below this one about my cycling and how it stalled - it was due to a ph crash, i'm monitoring it closely and hopefully ammonia consumption will start up again soon.

Now, i have a fluval 105 external filter running, it has the standard foam pads and bio max rings in the top basket, i have one spare basket at the bottom, i was wondering if i put more bio max rings in the spare basket would it speed up my cycle as the purpose of bio rings is to provide a habitat for beneficial bacteria and therefore more rings would surely mean more beneficial bacteria and a faster process of the nitrogen cycle.

would this work?

more ring will give more surface area but it wont really speed it up to begin with it will just allow more bacteria to grow initially, it will give you a bettter bio filtration system in the long run though so worth doing

Most reactions

Back