Bio Creamic Ring/max Really Needed?

IMCL85

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
788
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
CA
Hi guys, I'm gonna receipt my brand new 125g tank in a week of time. Its gonna be another planted tank with 2 x canister filter, well I was thinking do I really need this bio creamic right/max thinggy inside my canister filter? I personally tested with and with out(only use sponge) these media in my 40g planted tank, the test reading is the same on amonia etc. So is this bio filtration media I kept hearing from many ppl really that important. I personally only have 1 tank using these media which because its free comes with the canister filter. Rest of my tank mainly using sponge and mechanical filter contain with only sponge and I been doing fine for the past 10 years with those tank. Hows a sponge vs these bio media when it comes to holding basteria? Because I dont wanna waste 100+ dollars just buying bio ball/max etc, while using the sponge can give me some what samilar result. :blink:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top