Bigger Tank

MHunt

I think therefore I shouldn't
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
1,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
GB
Ok, my other half has hinted that she wouldn't mind haveing a bigger tank in the living room, and instantly i thought 'Wahayy!!!' But I do need to think carefully about what to put in it. I definitely want angel fish, and possibly some lace gourami's, some medium sized schooling fish like tetras or barbs, some cory's and a bn/bulldog plec or two. I haven't got a definite size yet as I don't quite know where it's going in the room, so the potential stocking list would help decide a suitable tank size. I think possibly a 3 foot tall, or possibly a 4 foot which would give me pleanty of scope for stocking.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
 
Dont house Tetras with Angelfish (ok to begin with, but when the Angels get fully grown. Tetras = Yum, Yum), as tetras are the main food supply for Angelfish in the wild. Stocking would depend on the actual dimensions and what fish you would like to stock.
 
Dont house Tetras with Anglefish (ok to begin with, but when the Angles get fully grown. Tetras = Yum, Yum), as tetras are the main food supply for Anglefish in the wild. Stocking would depend on the actual dimensions and what fish you would like to stock.


I'm pleased with the stocking of my 50G which should be a similar size to the one you are after. (see sig)
 
Dont house Tetras with Angelfish (ok to begin with, but when the Angels get fully grown. Tetras = Yum, Yum), as tetras are the main food supply for Angelfish in the wild. Stocking would depend on the actual dimensions and what fish you would like to stock.

Don't worry i wasn't thinking of neons, They're the angels natural food. Probably larger caracins like congo tetras or one of the hemmigramus species like the garnet or perhps the rummynose. (guess which edition of PFK i've dug out this week?) They're big enough to avoid being eaten.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top