Big fish!!!!

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else keeps big fish out there and if so what is it that you keep?, ie........Catfish, Sharks, Cichlids oscars etc or Odd Balls.

To give you all some idea of what im talking about here's some of the more unusual and large fish that i keep......

Oscar my South American Red Tail Cat (as ive mentioned elsewhere in the forum)
Tyre Track Eels both a foot long and still growing  :D
a Black Cigar Shark about 13 inches and still growing lol
a Tiger Shovelnose Cat (kitten) bless him  :blush:
several large Synodontis Cats
Snakeheads, Birchirs etc
and my Pleco's ranging from small fancy ones to the 14 inch monsters that all live in one big tank with a Green Terror Cichlid lol
I might also be obtaining a large Lung Fish in the near future too lol :0

So does anyone else out there have a passion for big odd ball fish?

If so leave a post and tell us all about them  :)

I've got Pictus cats and Bala sharks at the moment. Rose

Oscars, Loads of them ;)

Would Love a Red Tail Catfish, but that would need to wait until after the fish hut is built 8)

Well ive always got Red Tails needing new homes so keep me posted as to when you want one lol :p

But dont for gods sake put them with anything else unless you want one big fat Red Tail lol

Looks like you're our new big fish expert now Pete. :p

just ordered a tyre track eel from trimar. He will go in with my 10 inch fire eel and replace the amazing 12" tyre track I had last year until I stupidly left lid off

Davy Reynolds said:
Oscars, Loads of them ;)

Would Love a Red Tail Catfish, but that would need to wait until after the fish hut is built 8)
Do 16 inch Tinfoil Barbs count?

Snakeheads- Now there's a fish! Anything that can crawl around on land and chase ya- :thumbs: Imagine- when your boyfriend makes ya mad- just "show" him the snakeheads- buhahaa :blink:
Wish I could keep some big`uns :)

FishHeads said:
Do 16 inch Tinfoil Barbs count?
Sounds like someones been feeding their fish steroids :lol: normal maxiumum size in a aquarium is 12" for tinfoil barbs.

As for big fish i have a 14" australian arowana, a 16" ornate bichir and 2 lima shovelnoses (14" and 10"), plus another lima shovelnose (4") armoured bichir (8") saxatillis pike cichlid (6") 2 freshwater baracuda (4") megladoras irwini (4") 2 leporanis fasciatus (4") 2 ornate pimelodus (6") siamese tiger fish (6") and a royal plec (4") all of which should grow to near or past the 12" mark when full grown.

I thourght CFC would be along with is fantastic collection, I hope there will be some more photos of that collection as it grows :hyper: .

I guess just Una, my tiger oscar, will be a 'big' fish. She's about 5.5" right now and growing before my eyes. :wub:

:wub: My biggest baby is my Midas, he's about 9-10" atm

I have some juvenille Frontosa (growing slowly so I'm enjoying them while they're small :wub: )

And my newest addition,as of last week, a 2" Oscar, hardly big at all but give him a few months ;)

I'v got a:

25" redtail
19" tigershovelnose
12" tigershovelnose
14" red devil hybrid
12" clown knife
8" clarias
10" jaguar cat
24" sailfin plec
2x 12" sailfin plecs
10" rusty plec (not sure yet)

ste :)