Big Cory

goodgollyblackmolly

Reaction score
I recently asked how big my albino cory will got, I get the impression its going to be about two inches. But while looking at pictures of them i came across this...... http://bdweb313932.bluedomino.com/catfish/Corydoraspaleatus'AlbinoLong-Fin'.jpg .. This looks huge. Can anyone tell me how big this is.. also whats going on with his fins there huge..

moochy13

Fish Herder
Reaction score
no thats definitely a cory, as far as im concerned the ugliest cory ive ever seen in my life :sick:

no way of knowing how big it is, theres nothing in the photo to give a sense of scale. could be somebody taking a photo of the fish in a swimming pool from a helicopter overhead, or it could be half an inch long.

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
It is indeed a long finned version of an albino C. paleatus. Here are a couple of pictures that I took when I had them a few years ago. The second one is a normally colored one.

Quarantine5.jpg

Quarantine3-1.jpg

These fish do not occur in nature but have been line bred to create, what is in reality, a freak fish. Because of the increased proportions of their fins, they tend to be pushed around by any current in the water. I doubt that they could survive in their species' original habitat.

Most true cory lovers frown on this sort of experimentation.

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
bronze corys get closer to 3 inches than 2 i have one thats at least 12 year old and is huge next to the rest of the corys

edit. and yes its a cory not a brochis before someone say it

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
That's true. Well kept C. aeneus do get fairly large for a cory. This is a picture of a wild caught female bronze and, while there is nothing to measure it against, you can see that she is a substantial sized fish.

BigMamaCaeneus.jpg

BTW, the picture shows her natural coloring. She was a beautiful fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online