Bettas are mistreated...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What do you think?

• Your right, bettas re mistreated and its horrible.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • pfff, what r u talking about. Bettas are fine in 1 gallons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 gallons if fine for a betta, those websites are correct.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Bettas do come from mud puddles, and who cares about tank size. Its just a tiny fish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 gallons is a good amount for a betta, i agree with you.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More than 5 gallons, 5 gallons is tiny for a betta.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
sure does sound like it!:p
Yah, the worst thing he told me about caring for his bettas, was when I told him they needed more space and he said: "They live in puddles anyways but every now and then I put him in a larger cylinder for them to swim in" I just thought of how wrong that was of him to do... Those tanks arent cycled so he's just moving them from one thing to the next (no heaters or test kits. Not even a strip one)

Yah, the worst thing he told me about caring for his bettas, was when I told him they needed more space and he said: "They live in puddles anyways but every now and then I put him in a larger cylinder for them to swim in" I just thought of how wrong that was of him to do... Those tanks arent cycled so he's just moving them from one thing to the next (no heaters or test kits. Not even a strip one)
cut all ties with that person, they are just stupid and bad, they refuse to be informed because they don't want to accept that they were wrong, even if it brings pain or endangers an animal.

cut all ties with that person, they are just stupid and bad, they refuse to be informed because they don't want to accept that they were wrong, even if it brings pain or endangers an animal.
NO! I'm not going to cut ties with him... Also I think he stopped caring for bettas now... I'll have to check in.

Guppynoob2008, I get that fish keeping is not a walk in the park. I think everyone here knows that. It never has been and it never will be. But if you are not willing to put in the effort to look after your fish, which are YOUR responsibility, then maybe fish keeping is not for you. Every single person on this forum is here because they have researched, worked, cared, endured, bought frustratingly expensive stuff and then done it all over because of these fish. They will do all that just for a single day of peace where the fish are happy and healthy before something else goes wrong. Because that, for them, is enough. That is worth it. Seeing those bright,, beautiful, carefree creatures dance in the water makes all the turmoil a small price to pay. And maybe you just aren't that kind of person. You have certainly tried harder than some. If you still want a pet, look into something like a dwarf Russian hamster perhaps? Much easier to look after and very lovable. Or if you still want fish, perhaps look into coldwater ones as they are generally easier to care for. My very knowledgable fish keeping relative told me his motto when I bought my first guppies: "I don't keep fish. I keep water. Sometimes, I have live fish in there, and that is lovely." You can't treat tropical fish like you would a cat or dog because they just don't often last that long. If you did then you would be in tears the whole time. You can be a fish lover or a fish keeper, and it is crucial to be a bit of both. All I can say is, thank you for trying. But maybe this just isn't for you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back