Bettas And Smaller Tanks!

Mom of MnE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 Male bettas. When i fist got them i thought on look at this little tank its cute and ill get that for them. they were 1/2g tanks. brought home stuck them in it and they did great bubble nest from both did waters changes every day to every other day. Well i joined this site and saw that they actually need bigger tanks so the best i could do was 1.5g vases. I switched them to that and they started just staying at the bottom and not really swimming around. So yesterday night i switched them to the smaller tanks again. I know alot of people on here are gonna say that its wrong and they need bigger tanks, but honestly both of the bettas did their bubble nest again within 12 hours of being back in the smaller tanks. So should i just leave them where they are happy or try switching again?!?!?! I dont want to stress them out and if they are happy no harm then right?!?!? heres a pick of MR.Blues bubble nest. http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/Sarah_Eck/MrBlue.jpg

Bigger tanks from there normal cup size will take some time to be comfy. When i switched mine froma 3 gallon to a 5 he was constantly swimming frantically and hiding and not eating. After a few day he coped with his new tank and began acting normal again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back