🐡 FOTM betta4ever! - June Fish of the Month Winner (Bettas)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
June 2023 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 10 beautiful Bettas entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
betta4ever!
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's their winning entry and its description
1686595675281-png.320215
This is Twix, my male sp. Jade.
Βetta sp. Jade is a newly discovered species from the Coccina Complex which has yet to be published and named officially by scientists. They are Bubble-nesters, which means that create a nest of bubbles to lay their eggs in and raise, similar to that of the domesticated Betta Splendens. Betta sp. Jade is one of the smallest Betta species, with adult size of approximately 2.5cm. They come from peat swamps in Jambi, Sumatra. The water is stained with tannins from peat and leaf litter, and the pH can be as low as 4-5.
Twix lives in a 6 gallon tank with my female sp. Jade, Skittle.
He eats a variety of frozen foods (brine shrimp, daphnia, cyclops, discus buffet), live BBS, and live mosquito larvae.
He's rather outgoing for his species, and doesn't mind being hand-fed. He's usually swimming through the botanicals in the tank or chilling in his Sterculia pod, which is one of his favourite spots in the tank.
Even though the tank is really small, I haven't observed any aggression at all which is pretty cool actually.
The water parameters in the tank are:
Ph-5.5
Kh-0
Gh-0
Ammonia/nitrites/nitrates-0
I get those parameters by using RO water.
This species is SOO awesome and underrated, so if you ever get the chance to keep them, DO IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT 😁😉

Congrats to @betta4ever! for winning FOTM with their beautiful Betta named TWIX. Great looking fish and great photo!
Coming in 2nd place is @Tzano with their flamboyant magnificent Betta named Flair. Quite the Betta you have their, Tzano.
And coming in third place is @Waterbabe with their Marble Plakat Betta named "Chunky Monkey." The name you chose is quite appropriate :lol: Congrats on having such a great looking Betta.

Right now we are accepting entries for our Tank of the Month contest. For June, we are featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. If you have a tank of that size, we hope to see you enter the contest. CLICK HERE to visit the entry thread.

Most reactions

Back