Betta Imbellis

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Shelly_Otterkin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After reading another post on these guys and talking to my husband we are looking into breeding. Can anyone help with links, sites, or just generel info you can tell me about this breed of betta?
I have had bettas for 15 years now. Most living to +2 years old. Right now we have just 2 spoiled boys in 5gal filtered/heated tanks with pygmy corys, otto cats and ghost shrimp.
We really like the looks of these fish! I have never seen any in any of the pet stores. I have deeply read into breeding bettas and now how much work this can mean.
Thank you.

BTW Any breeders out there?

Thank you! :D

I have smaragdina and mahachai and they're very similar in disposition to betta imbellis. Extremely laid back, wonderful little fish.

Here's the SMP link for starters...
http://www.ibc-smp.org/species/imbellis.html

Wow great looking fish you have!
Well I have that link printed out in in the new fish binder. Is the IBC a good group to join if we keep going with this idea?

Edit: Just wanted to say you have some great pinned topics. I am running out of printer paper!

I own/breed Imbellis, and they are a lovely fish, I love em, when they are in full out courtship is when they look their best, they are quite peacefull with other fish, mine live with a few little koi swordtails, breeding them is just letting them do their thing, there is no planning of it, they will do what they please when they please :laff: they are fun in groups. :)

you can do more, I had just a pair, but they spawned, and now they live with a few of their kids, they all play nice :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back