Betta health not good

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

If you have sea shells or any other shells in your tank they may be causing the PH of the water to be high. Try testing the water before you put it into your tank to see what it is like.

William

I don't have any sea shells, just the basic plastic stuff. I do have a question for you guys and gals. On the top of the hood where there are a few opennings, there seems to be alot of build up of a very white pasty film. It kinda looks like the stuff that builds up on a bathroom shower door, I think its called "LIME" or something. Could this have anything to do with why my tank is unstable??

Lime would play havioc with the pH.
Is your hood metal, I've found that there more a chance of a build up on a metal hood than a wooden hood :/

The white stuff is just hard water deposits. It's not causing your problems. If it bugs you you can take razor blade (very gently) and scrape it off or use a viniger water solution to disolve it. Just make sure you rinse real well, like till you don't smell the viniger any more.

How are you aclimating the fish when you put them in the tank out of couriosity? Rose 8)

Most reactions

Back