Betta food

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

That's what I use. But some of mine are WAY picky so I buy them baby pellets too, by the same brand. Then there are bloodworms as a treat.

Bettas can eat many types of foods. Examples:

1. Bloodworms
2. Pellet food (like Hikari Betta Bio-Gold)
3. Mosquito larvae
4. brine shrimp
and the list goes on. Try to feed them an as variable diet as possible. That will keep them healthy.

HTH

P.T.

Mine get hikari pellets for breakfast, and then in the evenings they get something good...what it is depends though,it's always different. That's a good way to keep your fish on their "toes/fins" it's always a surprise as to what they're going to get :hyper: ,makes dinner time exciting :p
could be...
live brine
frozen brine
fro.krill
frozen bloodworms
froz fish/spinach/garlic mix I get from my lfs
fro glassworms
blanched zucchinni
froz plankton
or on occasion beefheart

:wub:

I mainly feed my betta that too. (Betta Bio-Gold). But sometimes in the night I feed brine or bloodworms. My betta is so nice and not very picky at all. So far with the foods I have tried at least. -_-

Freeze-dried bloodworms
Freeze-dried red grubs
Freeze-dried brine shrimp
Granules for smaller cichlids

HBH Betta Bites
Bio Blend
Bloodworms

I would love to get them more variety, but I don't need to buy anymore food as what I have is going to last for quite some time! Soo, we're trying other things like chicken, which they ignored :X I tried blanched spinach yesterday and the way they were acting it looked like they thought it was just any other plant in their aquarium LOL. I may try the zucchini one of these days.

Hi everyone.

Hey AP64, thats true. Bettas are carnivorous. But i have heard that sometimes, out of pure desperation, they will eat plants. Such as in the betta vase, for example. They will eat the roots. Purely driven to starvation. Poor guys.

HTH
P.T.

The only thing my Betta eats is FD blood worms. I don't have specific Betta food available here, and he won't eat flakes or granules the other fish like.

I feed mine Hikari betta bio gold too...they love that stuff :D ....and some of mine will eat tetra freeze dried blood worms....and just the other day i tried feeding them frozen brine shrimp and some liked it (the girl went nuts for it :fun: ), and others didnt. Oh yeah i also throw in some tetra betta min flakes sometimes just for variety, as i have to have these around because one of my bettas (actually my brothers that i'm "babysitting" indefinately) will only eat the flakes. so there ya go! ~dEx :*

Ya know, I think bettas are carnivores, maybe that's why they didn't take the greens.

I know they're carnivores :) I'm just trying to see if they'll take the veggies or not. If they do, then I can have some more variety in their diet. I doubt they'll take them though :p

Where the river goes said:
Ya know, I think bettas are carnivores, maybe that's why they didn't take the greens.

I know they're carnivores :) I'm just trying to see if they'll take the veggies or not. If they do, then I can have some more variety in their diet. I doubt they'll take them though :p
Mine eat like kings & queens so I wouldn't say they accept greens out of "desperation" :rolleyes: , humans and dogs are also carnivores but we like the occasional salad or veggie :p , my bettas devour tender zucchinni and spinach

Most reactions

Back