Betta fish, need opinions on upgrading tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey yā€™all. So I have a betta, his name is Venus. His 3.5 gallon tank has been up for a month, he isnā€™t quite cycled yet so I test every day for ammonia and pretty much do water changes whenever itā€™s present. Heā€™s a very happy betta. Blows bubble nests and grew SO FAST. Iā€™ve had betts growing up but the change in this fish is amazing. His colors are crazy vibrant, and his fins keep growing and growing, and I feel he has already outgrown the tank. He swims a ton and I just think he needs more room. (Picture attached).

So, I need opinions on when I should upgrade, considering I donā€™t think weā€™re finished cycling. I was thinking of either getting a five gallon for him alone, or getting a 10 gallon with a solid divider and putting another male on the other side. The current filter he has is the top fin betta flow that works for tanks up to 5 gallons, so if I stick with a 5 gallon I can stick with his same filter cartridge so I wonā€™t have to worry about trying to recycle. But if I go to ten, obviously I have to upgrade the filter & cartridge and i donā€™t know how to go about that without causing another cycle process.... so Iā€™m just looking for opinions and advice. :)

Attachments

• 73DA4834-22FC-4B40-98B0-9B457BBE8C4A.jpeg
    73DA4834-22FC-4B40-98B0-9B457BBE8C4A.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 47
  • 8BF05943-8EC5-43F8-B001-9003630E94AC.jpeg
    8BF05943-8EC5-43F8-B001-9003630E94AC.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 44
I've got that same 3.5 for my boy. Works nice for him as he prefers the smaller space, but if you feel he is outgrowing it, then upgrade and save that as a hospital tank. Just move the filter and all your decor over to the new tank and continue the cycling process.

Hes a handsome guy!

I've got that same 3.5 for my boy. Works nice for him as he prefers the smaller space, but if you feel he is outgrowing it, then upgrade and save that as a hospital tank. Just move the filter and all your decor over to the new tank and continue the cycling process.

Hes a handsome guy!
Thanks! I think Iā€™ll probably just put him in a 5 gallon so I can just switch over the filter like you said. And thank you! Heā€™s so handsome and big my other betta is small and 3.5 is perfect! But Venus just got a burst of growth or something

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back