betta conditioning foods????

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lakota

Reaction score
Hi again

Got a question. What is the best food to condition your bettas with. I have freeze dried bloodworms and those little floating pellets. The pet stores around here are kinda limited in what they have. either brine shrimp(that die the next day) or black worms, which i heard can harm my bettas with ich or something. Will regular earthworms work if i cut them up into little bite sized pieces. Cause i just bought this cute little white female with some red on her fins and she just wont eat anything i give her. Any help would be appreciated.

oh yeah, i had my first breeding, only problem is they only had about ten to twenty eggs. Needless to say, all babies are gone. :(

lakota

You could try fruit flies, maybe some fish & veggies. Keep in mind that betta fry are as picky as their parents so they're quite difficult to feed, try and get some live food cultures going.

I condition my bettas on these:

Live foods

Brine shrimp
Black worms

Frozen
Blood worms

The best food to give Bettas is Mozzie Larvae as its here natural foods in the wild.
I try not to feed mine dried foods as much as it can lead to constipation :crazy:
I do however give the dried food once every 2 days..as a treat or if im lazy ;)

faewyn said:
I condition my bettas on these:

Live foods

Brine shrimp
Black worms

Frozen
Blood worms

The best food to give Bettas is Mozzie Larvae as its here natural foods in the wild.
I try not to feed mine dried foods as much as it can lead to constipation :crazy:
I do however give the dried food once every 2 days..as a treat or if im lazy ;)

yahh, mozzie larvae for sure. the missus and i were just planning to take a trip up into the interior this summer to harvest some (they are kind of hard to come by in the city) but it's true that they are the cats meaow, betta breeders in thailand swear by them ;)

Most reactions

Back