Betta buddy here

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BettaBabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I found this website while researching for a friend. I think it will be fun to post here. I plan on making several aquariums for our home and office.

I love bettas be/c they are hardy fish and relatively easier to care for. :( I am howver sadden to see the abuse this poor fish puts up with from the ignorant.

i.e. tint cups, bowls, no space, cruel lilly vases with claims of a "closed eco-system" :crazy: (psst. bettas don't eat the roots and they breath surface air...)

I have only one betta so far. I plan on "rescueing" more now that I have bought my first new home.

Take Care,

BB

:hi: to the forum BettaBabe. I too and a big fan of the siamese fighter. I have 2. 1 at work and one at home. they are beautiful fish to keep.

Hi BettaBabe Welcome to the forum :thumbs: ...sounds like you are developing the early signs of MTS. (multi tank syndrome) :crazy: ...go with it :lol:

hey cool welcome to the forum
you know your not really rescuing the fish if you mean the poor ones in the cups because people allways buy more in the only way to rescue them is to educate people. i hate the way people keep negle3cting fish like that as well all i can say is next time you see it happen make a complaint to the people in charge that the fish arent being cared for properly and that as a customer you are dissapointed that they arent looking after the fish and thus you as a customer. that might sway them if enough of us fish keepers stood up to them perhaps something would change... or perhaps not

You might think I a nutts but I do talk to the fish keepers at Wal-Mart and PetsMart when I go in for supplies about their bettas and it seems to be helping. This week I noticed that the betta cups didn't look as dingy as before. I have complained to the managers of two Wal-Mart in my town and have seen an improement.

Educating the consumer is the BEST way to save this beloved breed. I think that it's sad that people could buy a living thing and not research it's care. I always ask questions and follow up on the internet or the library before buying a fish.

Like danios for instance, I wanted more fish but nothing too aggressive for my betta and after a bit of web sluething I found that danios (although frisky) are relatively non agressive towards bettas. SO, now I have 3 living in harmony with my Bob George.

Thanks again for the big welcome, ladies and/or gents!

BB

:hi: Bettababe good job on questioning store policy, customer complaints do have impact, keep up the impressive work and welcome again! :)

Welcome to the forum BettaBabe! Hope you enjoy it! :D

Hey! I love bettas too! :) And I think the danios work perfectly with bettas. :D

BettaBabe said:
You might think I a nutts but I do talk to the fish keepers at Wal-Mart and PetsMart when I go in for supplies about their bettas and it seems to be helping. This week I noticed that the betta cups didn't look as dingy as before. I have complained to the managers of two Wal-Mart in my town and have seen an improement.

Educating the consumer is the BEST way to save this beloved breed. I think that it's sad that people could buy a living thing and not research it's care. I always ask questions and follow up on the internet or the library before buying a fish.

Like danios for instance, I wanted more fish but nothing too aggressive for my betta and after a bit of web sluething I found that danios (although frisky) are relatively non agressive towards bettas. SO, now I have 3 living in harmony with my Bob George.

Thanks again for the big welcome, ladies and/or gents!

BB
glad to hear it there is a rising tide of consern among fish keepers that we should get the service from our lfs that we deserve and out product (the fish) should be properly mainteined right up untill purchase we arent buying cars but it is still an expencive hobby and as such quality has to be maintained and the fish should be cared for as well as is posibl withing the ecconomic constraints of the shop.

Most reactions

Back