Beta fish not moving

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

RainGamma

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So my beta has been sick, not sure what but itā€™s def not itch. I did a salt treatment for 2 weeks not sure if heā€™s better now or not. If I do move something near him he does swim away. I saw him at top of my fish tank (he ate food I gave him) and now heā€™s at bottom. Sometimes I see him top or bottom, Iā€™m really not sure what to do anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 50
Hi, sorry to hear about your betta :( We're really going to need a lot more information from you in order to try to figure out what the problem may be. If you could copy paste the template below and fill in the answers you can, with as much detail as possible, that will give people a place to start :)

Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Hi, sorry to hear about your betta :( We're really going to need a lot more information from you in order to try to figure out what the problem may be. If you could copy paste the template below and fill in the answers you can, with as much detail as possible, that will give people a place to start :)

Tank size: 20 gallons
tank age: I've had this tank for 2 years and a half
pH: 7.0
ammonia: (doesnt show)
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 0
kH: 120/80 pretty sure its 80, it was really hard to tell
gH: 180
tank temp: 70 pretty sure

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): hes standing still for a good while, moves positions every so often, he does tend to eat if he sees any food, his color turned black a little. sometimes i see him top or bottom

Volume and Frequency of water changes: I've done 2 75% water changes this week and also used salt for 2 weeks

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: none

Tank inhabitants: I have one cory catfish

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): none

Exposure to chemicals: none

Digital photo (include if possible):

Oh nevermind about brown color, 99% of it disappeared

Glad he's still hanging in there, I'm not super knowledgeable about disease/illness, so going to tag @Colin_T and see if he can help.

You only have the betta and the cory in a 20 gallon? Did you have more fish? Have any losses recently? That might also shed some light on this.

Are you testing his water?

Glad he's still hanging in there, I'm not super knowledgeable about disease/illness, so going to tag @Colin_T and see if he can help.

You only have the betta and the cory in a 20 gallon? Did you have more fish? Have any losses recently? That might also shed some light on this.
No I havenā€™t

It would be helpful to post the test results please so someone more knowledgeable can help you figure out what's going on

70 degrees Fahrenheit? Bettas need a temp of 78-80F...a temp as low as 70F would make ANY betta very lethargic

What kind of test kit are you using?

The water seems fine to me, I did do the test I got asked to do
Hello :)
We need precise results (in numbers) on : pH GH KH ammonia nitrites nitrates.
70Ā°F is definitely not enough for Betta that IS a tropical fish. He wants 77-78Ā°F.
Do you stand water 72 hours before any waterchange ? Or do you use a water conditionner against chlorine and chloramine ?

70 degrees Fahrenheit? Bettas need a temp of 78-80F...a temp as low as 70F would make ANY betta very lethargic

What kind of test kit are you using?
actually im wrong its not 70, its 78

Hello :)
We need precise results (in numbers) on : pH GH KH ammonia nitrites nitrates.
70Ā°F is definitely not enough for Betta that IS a tropical fish. He wants 77-78Ā°F.
Do you stand water 72 hours before any waterchange ? Or do you use a water conditionner against chlorine and chloramine ?
my bad its 78, yes i use a water conditioner

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back