Best Internal Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Whitey_144

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 240 litre tank with eheim pro II external. I took the juwel internal filter out because it was quite bulky. and now im thinking of adding a new internal filter at one end with an outlet low down.

The reason, is because ive struggled to get ove BGA, and after finally getting rid of it I want to increase water flow and filter capacity as I will add a few plecs.

I have a U2, so was thinking of getting the U4. Are there any other filters people recommend?

Ideally, it will not be too high, (so that i can hide it behind a piece of wood) and the outlet should face lengthways down the tank (from left side of tank flow moving to right), nearer the sand, whilst sticking on the back wall (not sure the U4 can do this in such a complete way).

Thanks
Adam

A u4 is a good option. I am selling mine atm because i now have a spare external but it is a very good filter.

If it is just flow you are concerned about, and your filter should be giving adequate filtration, then get a powerhead/water pump instead.

go with a sponge fliter like this.....

http://www.amazon.com/SeaPora-Breeder-Sponge-Filter-136/dp/B004K80OTK

they are very effective and easy to maintain, they also last forever.....just rinse once a month or so....

if you want more flow than the air provides you can even put a powerhead on it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back