gex18

Reaction score
I have a juwel rio 400 (60" x 20" x 24" high) containing;

9 discus
1 pair apistogramma nijsseni
3 zebra plecos
3 whiptails
30 cardinal tetras

what corys would be best to add to the tank; adolfoi, hastatus, jullii, metae, Panda, pygmasus? or any other suggestions?

No cory would be best! they can;t tolerate the high temperatures dicus require

Doggfather said:
No cory would be best! they can;t tolerate the high temperatures dicus require
Agreed, although some species can be kept at higher temperatures. I have found Julli can cope with the higher temperatures but I wouldn't leave them at higher temps for long. :)

There are some species that will do just fine with discus. A fellow aquarist and discus and Corydoras breeder has kept some cories with discus, so have many of my friends. Corydoras sterbai, gossei and haraldschulzi are the first ones that come to my mind as a good cories for discus tank.

Hi gex18 :)

C. sterbai is a excellent cory to keep with discus. :nod: While most corys need cooler temperatures, the beautiful sterbai thrives in the warmer waters discus require.

One of the men who works in my lfs has been keeping them together for quite some time. He must be doing something right because both kinds of fish have spawned in that tank. :thumbs:

C. sterbai is a excellent cory to keep with discus. While most corys need cooler temperatures, the beautiful sterbai thrives in the warmer waters discus require.

you learn something new everyday :)

yes.. i agree.. there are several corys that like the warmer temps.. i presently keep my sterbai at 80°F and they have been living in that temp for almost a year now and are doing great... another one not mentioned is corydoras adolfoi have been known to do well in warmer temps.. but if i could recomend just one.. sterbai woulf be a good bet.

Most reactions

Back