Best Co2 Diffuser

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazzaeng

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help I have just brought a jbl co2 kit but I have been reading the co2 diffuser isn't the best. Can anyone recommend a different one that is better!

Now that would depend a lot on your tank and filter arrangement. Personally, I use reactors, but they I tend to have a lot of water flowing around in tubes under my tank for various reasons anyway, so it's useful.

My tank is 240l and I have an aquamanta efx 200 external pump its a passive reactor almost like a spiral staircase and the bubbles travel up it in a spiral. But as I'm observing it the bubbles don't seem to dissolve I know they won't completely disappear but was just wondering if there was a better was of diffusing them!

OK, ladders are better than bells, but they're not amazing.

Your options are;

In tank diffusers, simple, you can see what they're doing, but they aren't the most efficient (far better than your bubble ladder though), block up sometimes and need cleaning.

Inline atomisers, cuts a pipe, blocks occasionally and needs cleaning but diffuses amazingly well.

Inline reactors, more fickle than the atomisers for diffusion, but far less likely to block, needs a good flow rate and can slow down the flow, which can be a problem.

The jury-rigged route, some people tee the CO2 outlet into the filter intake. Works very well but does risk creating CO2 pockets within the filter, cheap and doesn't block though.

That's brilliant thank you! I think I will try the tank diffuser as I can get one at my local pet store at a Reasonable price I'll see how that goes if not try the inline atomiser! Want to try to avoid cutting pipes if I can took me ages to get them all tidy! Iol . Thanks again for the help!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back