Best betta foods

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

BleuTheBetta

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hello again! Iā€™ve been lurking around here every day, but havenā€™t made a thread in a while.
Anyways, I want to talk about betta food, since Iā€™m thinking about getting a rescue betta and I think it is somewhere I could work on in the betta world.
What do you guys feed your bettas? I rotate 2 different kinds of pellet and I feed a freeze dried bloodworm once a week. Iā€™m looking to improve my feeding habits.
Iā€™ve read a bunch of threads on here, and I want to make sure I have things straight-
ā€¢ Frozen bloodworms- not the best nutrition for a betta, seems like some people develop an allergy to them.
ā€¢ Fluval Bug bites- really good flake food for bettas. What kind & variety do you get? How often do you feed them?
ā€¢ Quality pellets- any brands, anyone?
Edited to add- I do fast my betta for 2 days out of a week.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Bug bites is always a good shout, they do them in little pellets. Frozen foods are better than freeze dried in my opinion, brine shrimp and mosquito larvae are very nutritious. Frozen foods usually come in cubes, I would cut a small bit off a cube and defrost it in a little recepticle with a bit of tank water.

Bug bites is always a good shout, they do them in little pellets. Frozen foods are better than freeze dried in my opinion, brine shrimp and mosquito larvae are very nutritious. Frozen foods usually come in cubes, I would cut a small bit off a cube and defrost it in a little recepticle with a bit of tank water.
Thanks!

And how often do you feed say frozen brine shrimp?

Fluval makes a flake version of Bug Bites too.
And they have a pellet that's a betta formula. Probably sinks slower.

I typically give frozen brine shrimp to all my fish once per week. And usually Tetra bettamin worm shaped bites to my betta the rest of the week.

These are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fish food. I feed them to my Bettas, shrimp, and tetras. Have been for years. Super high in protein. I'll give my Bettas bloodworm once or twice a week as a treat, but make them jump for it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_212131705~2.jpg
    IMG_20230605_212131705~2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 14
I fed my last betta on Northfin betta pellets. These are floating pellets made to take into account a betta's natural diet.

I feed my betta with Poytara Betta (Brazilian food that probably doesn't exist outside Brazil) four times a week, besides one-day fasting and during weekends I feed with live juvenile/adult brine shrimp and/or tiny BSFL (from my cultures). A few hours before feeding the shrimp for the betta, I usually give them dried yeast or Spirulina powder, for bioencapsulating.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back