🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks current stock
1 yellow tang
2 emp cardinals
3 atheria
1 fire fish
1 lawn mower blenny
1 royal gramma

Going to wait another 2 months for the mandarin and call it fully stocked.

Cuc
8 red hermit crabs
3 true turbo snails
5 nasasris snails (spelling)

Nope, you're gonna wait until April to stock the mandarin. :)Tank is certainly big enough, but you haven't an established pod population yet. You need this to sustain a mandarin longterm. And that just takes time. If people want to disagree, that's fine.

L

I agree - you really need at least a 1yr+ mature tank for there to be enough pod population to feed a mandarin. Even then you may have to buy more or culture your own in a separate tub.

yup already am dumping a silly amount of pods into the tank weekly, 4 seprate cultues on the go plus have got a standing weekly order for him to be posted to me. Have read into and the the genral findings are 6 months for the tank but a year wont hurt im sure. Im in no real rush so may contuine to dump the pods in weekly and get him for xmas if the tank holds the pod population :good:

Awesome :lol: I wanted a ORA mandarin for my 29g, couldn't get one :sly:

Update with some pics, please ignore the cyno it starting to burn out but a royal pain.

photo58.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo98.jpg

WOW lots of color! Looking great. I'd toss more flow to the substrate areas to get rid of that cyano algae.

-Tyler

Thanks flow is over x35 so i dont think its thatt, just being a new tank i stocked a bit faster then i should, its burning out now anyway

Need my sunglasses
cool1.gif
. You should be chuffed with how it looks.

What's you're lighting on this mate?

4 T5 54w tubes but im getting this next week http://www.iquaticsonline.co.uk/aqualumi-t5-lighting-pendant/6-x-t5-black-aquarium-lighting-unit/4ft-6-t5-black-aqualumi-aquarium-lighting-pendant.html

which should help as the tanks to deep really

Cool! I'm going to use 4 54 watt t5s on mine just waiting for some ceramic rock pillers to turn up from Germany
Will update my journal when it turns up

Are you sumping this mate?

No mate just waiting till we move house then getting a ND 154 UK Gallon ( 700 Litre )set up. So just letting the corals grow and fragging them ready for big tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back