Basic Info

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

i will do. i have a 39w t5 running on my tank just now. i cant rember what colour the bulb is tho

its just one bulb. but the unit i have u can get a unit with 2 bulbs

its a hagen glo lighting unit

yer i would get at least 2 bulbs but if the skimmer is on the side of the tank how would the light unit fit on? or can it my hanged from the ceiling?

the lighting unit atatches to the sides of the tank and only takes up bout 3 inches of the width would that leave enough space for the skimmer tank is 12"

yeah i will do. god my head is buzzing trying to get my head around all this stuff. glad i didnt go marine first as i was planning to do cause i never would have stared. going tropical fist deffo helps get ur head around this stuff

yes i agree but first got a cold water tank then moved my self up :good:

Ive had a quick flick through the thread - that looks like a juwel cabinet and probably not the best in the world to put a sump into, but it could be done, you will need to take out the internal walls and shelves and put in bracing bars of some sort. I am a real 'girl' when it comes to this sort of thing, im :blush: to say (oh gawd, thats not to say that girls can't do this sort of thing, of course they can, I just choose not to :p)

Ben is currently doing a great job on his cabinet for a new tank, hoepfully he will come along and help - if not, send him a pm, as you did with me :D

Re the skimmer - the deltec sort of screws on to the side with a grip hold and the pipes would go over the glass ridge.

Take a look at this and see if if would fit:

http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/files/Deltec%20Skimmer%20Dimensions_0.pdf

Seffie x

couldnt understand that drawing but the one for the The Deltec MCE600 HOB Skimmer would work. i used the calc up top and it says i need 16kg of live rock does that sound about right?

also the light i have are 39w but i can get a two tube lighting unit the same as i have now in either 39w or 59w. i am just wondering if higher wattage is better?

yes but the 39W would be fine for corals but 59W would be better

Most reactions

Back