🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
:unsure:

12:35 pm, September 2, 2009
KPMG fishes for buyer for Bolton aquatic store
By Michael Fahy

Britain's Aquatic Superstore, the 70,000 sq ft angling centre based in Bolton, has been placed into administration.

The centre, which had been trading for more than 43 years, consisted of over 30,000 sq ft of retail space and 500 tanks stocked with different varieties of fish and reptiles, was placed into administration yesterday.

Paul Flint and Brian Green from the Manchester office of KPMG Restructuring have appointed as administrators and are continuing to trade the business until a buyer is found. However, six employees have been made redundant, leaving a workforce of 30.

“We are keen to secure a going concern sale of this long-established business and would encourage any parties who may be interested in acquiring the business and its assets to contact us as soon as possible,” said Flint.

Says they are continuing to trade until a buyer is found. Hope they don't close though :(

Oh, it worked for me :(

BAS - Britains Aquatic Superstore in Bolton.

Copied and pasted the info from www.crainsmanchesterbusiness.co.uk as link I added wasn't working.

Just an update on this - BAS have been bought as a going concern by another aquatics firm (aquarline? from Birmingham I think?) So good news at least!

How weird is that? I've been going there for over a year and only just got to meet the owner last week. She never mentioned anything like bad sales etc.

Good luck to the new people. I'm sure the rates on that place are massive. :crazy:

Extract from Crain's

"Britain's Aquatic Superstore was placed into administration on September 1 after trading for more than 43 years. It marketed itself as one of the largest aquatic and reptile product wholesale distributors in the UK. Its 70,000 sq ft premises includes 30,000 sq ft of retail space, which is home to one of the largest angling centres in the North West and more than 500 stock tanks with a wide range of fish."

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back