Bargain!

catherine896

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
546
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
Been looking for a tank recently, was going to be buying a 4x2x2.

Looking through some local classifieds saw a 5x2x2 on stand for £75, rang them about it. The guy said if we want it, its in his front garden and to take it for free!

Went and collected it. Needed a good clean as was used for marine and we are setting up a Cichlid tank.

Also got a bucket full of mixed cichlids which are all doing really well.

A couple little areas needed sealing, other than that its in really good condition! Done a little bit of work on the stand aswell.

Really pleased, cant wait to get it setup :)

Heres a pic, excuse the other mess, its just recently been decorated for us to move in.

p2004091541.jpg
 
Nice, it's good when you find a bargain like that. I'm jealous.

Was he moving or something and just needed to get rid of it. Surprising you got it for free.
 
No he wasnt moving that I know of. I think his wife was nagging him lol, it was her idea to give it away for free!

I cant see any problems with it anywhere. The stand was a little weak on one end but have strengthened it all up anyway.

Will hopefully get it all up and running in the next few weeks :)
 
WOW!

I am looking for a tank right now, and wish I found one for free...lol. :lol:

Nice find!

-FHM
 
WOW!

I am looking for a tank right now, and wish I found one for free...lol. :lol:

Nice find!

-FHM

A good place to look for free tanks is freecycle. Not sure if you've heard of it, but basically where people give their stuff away instead of throwing to the landfill.

Go to www.freecycle.org and search for a group near you.

I've had a few tanks from there, amongst other things.
 
It brightens my day whenever I see that someone got a freebee. :thumbs: Best of luck with it, catherine896 :D
 
Thanks everyone :)

Im doing a Malawi tank. Will hopefully look really good!

Thanks.
 
I just paid £100 for a 5ft tank with filter, volcanic rock, lights, stand etc and I thought I had a bargain. 10mm glass all round as well.

My other bargain was a 3ft with gravel filter lighting ornaments for £31 off the bay

:D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top