banboo shrimp

It's heavily planted with fake plants. Only 2 real ones. The red claw crabs eat almost all plants. I can always locate every single one of my fish... Hmm. Anyways, I've read that they eat decaying plant matter. I've read that for food you could put in an old leaf. What would you say about that? U think that is true?

I've never seen mine munching on anything except particles from the water. My tank is heavily planted with 2.5wpg and pressurized CO2. It's a jungle that requires regular trimming. It's no wonder those shrimp remain hidden; there's so many hiding places. :ninja:

wpg? Weeds per gallon? :)

Edit: Maybe that's my problem. Maybe 2 plants in a 55 ain't enough. It's so hard finding plants the crabs won't eat though. Think I may have found some.

ger87410 said:
wpg? Weeds per gallon? :)
wpg=Watts (of light) per gallon

Edit: Maybe that's my problem. Maybe 2 plants in a 55 ain't enough. It's so hard finding plants the crabs won't eat though. Think I may have found some.

I'd say you only have a problem if you are unhappy with your layout. Some aquatic life simply won't do well with plants. Plants aren't as much of a necessity as they are a preference. I love planted tanks!

I hate the layout. I want more plants! The anabantoids are the only ones the crabs seem to leave alone though. I've only got a few of those...

Most reactions

Back