Balloon Molly appears pregnant for 8 weeks!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

RSchlatter

Reaction score
My balloon molly is REALLY swelled up. She has been that way for about 8 weeks. I have had her isolated in a floating nursey pen in my aquarium for about a week. She looks much more swelled than any other balloon molly I have ever seen and I assume she is pregnant. What is the longest gestation period I can expect? She should have given birth about two - three weeks ago! I hope everything is ok. What do you think?

RSchlatter said:
My balloon molly is REALLY swelled up. She has been that way for about 8 weeks. I have had her isolated in a floating nursey pen in my aquarium for about a week. She looks much more swelled than any other balloon molly I have ever seen and I assume she is pregnant. What is the longest gestation period I can expect? She should have given birth about two - three weeks ago! I hope everything is ok. What do you think?
Her scales are not standing out to make her look like a porcupine are they?? It could be dropsy otherwise. As for the gesation peiriod for Balloon Mollies, I am not too sure. My albino mollie was pregnate for 3.5 weeks before birthing... -_-

The usual gestation period for mollies is a month. If its been 8 weeks I would assume that she probably isn't pregnant. I have to wonder how to tell if baloon mollies are pregnant when they always are swollen.

i had the same prob mate, i think its just the balloon moly mate, prob just fat, cause i put mine in a breeding net and fed it and it got bigger and no babies, basically she was getting fat cause she had all the food she wanted

Most reactions

Back