Badger's 150g Rio Negro/Orinoco Flooded Rain Forest

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
OMG that will be fun...do you have somewhere to keep the fish while you finish planting? Maybe bring in a storage tub to keep the fish, not sure how speedy of a job you can do planting...
I think I can get them in pretty fast. I'll just hit starbucks on the way over.

Well, most of the plants are in. The remaining ones should hit town about the same time as the fish tomorrow, so hopefully I can get them in while the fish are acclimating to the temperature.

I am eventually going to add some algae eaters, because they're so fun to watch: A school of ottos and a few twig or whiptail cats, most likely. Or maybe a couple of BNPs. But I decided to hold off on those for now since there's no algae growing yet.

cliche. this is still in a dentist's office, right?
i think you need some oddballs, like, uh, a group of centipede knifefish.
not big, not fast, pretty timid, and won't compete for space with angelfish, i'm pretty sure...
if not that, you need something so people say "what is that???" as they walk by.

cliche. this is still in a dentist's office, right?
i think you need some oddballs, like, uh, a group of centipede knifefish.
not big, not fast, pretty timid, and won't compete for space with angelfish, i'm pretty sure...
if not that, you need something so people say "what is that???" as they walk by.
Actually, what I need is to give my paying clients what they asked for. :) Knife fish are pretty cool, though, I'll give you that. Since I only see this tank about once a week, I tend to stick with easy fish that I'm familiar with.

Oh, I helped, but as I said, I'm sticking to well known fish that are familiar to me. Better safe than sorry when spending someone else's money. :)

Fish and plants have been in for a week now and all is well. Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates all zero. It appears that between the extremely low bioload of baby fish and the surviving filter bacteria from the last set up, the water is staying extremely clean. Tannin-stained, but extremely clean.

Here's a video. Will try to get a better one soon.

Fish and plants have been in for a week now and all is well. Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates all zero. It appears that between the extremely low bioload of baby fish and the surviving filter bacteria from the last set up, the water is staying extremely clean. Tannin-stained, but extremely clean.

Here's a video. Will try to get a better one soon.

I'd be at the dentists every week! It's beautiful :wub:

I'd be at the dentists every week! It's beautiful :wub:
They tell me it helps people feel less anxious. :) Just wait until those diamonds and angels color up...they're going to be gorgeous. :)

Also...wow, that video is terrible. I'll really get a better one soon.

All is well! Doing huge water changes every week to reduce tanin staining. The fish don't mind, but the clients want to be able to see their fish. Weird. ha ha
Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate <5ppm. Baby fish have their advantages. :)

Here's a much, much better video of the tank.

All is well! Doing huge water changes every week to reduce tanin staining. The fish don't mind, but the clients want to be able to see their fish. Weird. ha ha
Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate <5ppm. Baby fish have their advantages. :)

Here's a much, much better video of the tank.

Fine tank, well done Thomas....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back