Backgrounds

buy a plastic tablecloth and stick it on, much easier. or laminate some black paper/card and use that. less mess, much quicker
 
smear the back of the tank with baby oil and smooth a black plastic bin bag against it, very cheap, easy to do and looks great :)
 
Can i sellatape some bin bag on it? Sounds the easiest way but the others a re great to

I wouldnt if I were you. Most bin bags are soo thin and streaky that there'd be a wierd effect when any light shines through from behind. But As bin bags are cheap as chips - no harm in trying!!

Tip - Use "Scotch" or "magic" tape instead of the normal shiny/seethrough selotape. The seethrough stuff starts to loose its stick aftera while and goes yellow and crispy!

If you want to use paint - use cheap/washable poster paint mixed with a bit of PVA glue. The PVA glue helps the paint to stay on the glass (as glass is so smooth paints tend to flake off) and both are washable while wet, so any spills can be sorted without harm. .... not that im a messy painter :rolleyes:
 
I took a piece of black fabric, cut it to size, then used sticky velcro strips to attach it to the back of my tank. Looks very sharp and was dirt cheap.

I'm setting up a QT/hospital tank and I spray painted the outside of the back and sides of it black. I just kept the lid on and sealed with tape while I painted to keep it all on the outside.
 
I used a bin bag on my old tank and it looked OK, there was visible creases because they are folded when you get them but you don't notice it if you have plants/decor in front. I just stuck it on with regular tape, the scotch tape didn't do corners too well.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top