Backgrounds

emmag21

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have one that has plant and wood images but i think its fairly naff and ive only been using it temporarily. Id like some opinions on which style backgrounds look best. My tank has some plants and bogwood at present but im looking on converting it to plants and slate/stones shortly x

i personally like the pictured backgrounds but each 2 there own :) others like blue or the prefered black tends 2 bring the colour out in ya fish better.

jen

I think you can't go far wrong with a plain black one :good:

I don't have any background in my tank. It sits in an alcove in my house which is all white with lights above which shine down the back giving a lot of depth to the tank which I think you can't beat.

I do have a fake plant (quite a big one) which covers the nasty wires and filer.

I'm not too keen on the picture backgrounds and I've used plain black in the past. However I find a decent picture background which is just of rocks, so isn't too tacky and looks fairly good.

If you can't find a decent picture one, I'd go for plain black.

Pauly.

I chose a dark blue background because I didn't want it too dark or too bright.

Ive had a few in the past, picture ones deffinatly naff. Blue's ok but I think black gives the best contrast for fish and plants, provided you have decent lighting it wont make the tank seem too dark.

I think blue looks tacky, ugly and spoils the tank, same with MOST picture ones.

I like some of the 3D backgrounds, they look nice.

Its Black or none for me

Hey I'm thinking about heading out to find a plain black background this very weekend. Anybody have any hints about how to attach it and the usual worries about it getting ruined by water?

I hate having to do this but when Oliver's first tank broke, they didn't have any mirrored-back ones like the original, and now I'm back to worrying about something I thought was solved before we ever started.

Years ago I had a show tank with the back wall entirely of irregular rocks sticking out in all sorts of ways. There just doesn't seem to be anything anywhere near that nice anymore. It looked like a streambank when you looked in.

~~waterdrop~~

Hey I'm thinking about heading out to find a plain black background this very weekend. Anybody have any hints about how to attach it and the usual worries about it getting ruined by water?

I hate having to do this but when Oliver's first tank broke, they didn't have any mirrored-back ones like the original, and now I'm back to worrying about something I thought was solved before we ever started.

Years ago I had a show tank with the back wall entirely of irregular rocks sticking out in all sorts of ways. There just doesn't seem to be anything anywhere near that nice anymore. It looked like a streambank when you looked in.

~~waterdrop~~

Have you ever thought about making your own backgrounds? A friend of mine did and it looks awsome. All he did was create a background or found backgrounds in google image then laminated them and taped them together. You can't even see the joins through the tank. Try it its FREE :hyper:

Most reactions

Back