Back in the hobby again

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

speakerman3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have raised tropical fish for most of my lifetime and have had countless tanks along the way. As a child, I bred guppies, bettas, mollies, convicts, jewel cichlids, and a few others. Since that time I have kept more than I can mention and have bred brichardi, various mbuna, aulonocara, synodontis lucipinnus, julidochromis marlieri, julidochromis transcriptus, neolamprologus leleupi, labidochromis, and a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Before moving from my previous house, I got rid of all my fish, tanks, and most of my equipment because moving to a new house and having my parents move in with my family was going to demand a lot of my time. I lasted four years without a tank, but it couldn't continue. I recently set up a couple tanks and cycled them and am ready to get Tanganyikan cichlids again. I plan to have Cyprichromis, Julidochromis Transcriptus, and possibly Calvus or caudopunctatus in my 75 with sump. I have a ten gallon set up as a quarantine tank but will probably breed shrimp in it. I have a 20, 55, and 100 waiting for good locations, time, and any good excuse to set them up.

It's good to get my elbows wet again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 32
Welcome to the forum and back into the hobby!

Nice tank!

Welcome to the best fish forum on the net. Hope you enter your tanks in a future Tank of the Month contest and your fish in our Fish of the month contests.

Last edited:
Welcome back into the hobby... And overhere, of course... :hi:

:hi:

Your tank looks cool! I love what you've done with the slabs of rock.
Thanks. That's my budget solution to adding multiple sizes of hiding spots for my fish. It worked well for small
crayfish, too at one point. My cichlids had crayfish to eat regularly, but some grew big enough to keep the cycle going.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back