Back Grounds

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Yeah unipack is what I was looking at. The problem is I'm in Northern Ireland and they charge as much for shipping as they do for the sand. It's a joke considering royal mail deliver to here for exactly the same price as anywhere else in the UK.

I didnt know about adding cat litter under the sand. How much should I add and what type?

Cat litter which contains clay, takes up and stores nutrients and releases it over time. The stuff from tesco is good.
This is the stuff you want mate. Other stuff you find has chemicals in that will leach into the water and poison your fish. so stick to this one :good:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265235247

Thanks for the info. How thick a bed would you recommend? Ill go get some tomorrow. The tanks being delivered on Friday so I want to have as much stuff in as possible so I can make a start as soon as it comes. I'll prob just stick with tesco play sand too so I can pick that up when I'm there

depends really mate. With the cat litter, just sprinkle enough on to cover the bottom of the tank, then if you want to add depth with the tank, start with 2" sand at the front and work up to 3-3.5" at the back :good:

Most reactions

Back